Explore Ecology is hiring!
• Environmental knowledge of waste reduction, water quality, and composting systems with an understanding of ecology and environmental issues
• Strong teaching skills and experience in conducting in-class presentations to groups of elementary aged students
• Excellent administrative and data entry skills: Accurate, detail oriented, organized, time efficient, self-directed, able to multi-task
• Ability to be flexible and work both independently and as a team
• Good interpersonal skills
• Quick to learn multiple environmental lessonsDue to the extensive training required we are looking for someone able to make a long term commitment to our organization and mission.Qualifications:
• A degree in Environmental Education, Environmental Studies, Resource Conservation, Elementary Education or a related field or equivalent experience.
• Self-starter, motivated to lead an innovative environmental education program and inspire the school community to follow through with techniques learned during the presentations. Excellent written and oral communication skills (Spanish language skills desirable).
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities.
• Excellent rapport with children; experience with primary school setting, including a familiarity with curricular standards, and classroom activities. Ability to supervise and engage small and large groups of elementary students.
• Comfortable working from multiple locations and traveling between job sites and Explore Ecology offices.
• Able to provide prompt transportation within Santa Barbara County and provide proof of insurance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, e-mail and internet (daily access to e-mail).
• Ability to attend regular staff meetings.
• Ability to commit to up to 40 hours per week, including occasional weekends.
• Must be in good physical health- able to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and in groups; able to work with people of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.Compensation: $15.00 per hour base, increases DOE, up to 40 hours per week.Other: Must pass LiveScan (fingerprint background check) and TB test.
Other: Must pass LiveScan (fingerprint background check) and TB test.