Shop in our Creative ReUse Store, visit our Gallery, and sign up for an Art Workshop. The creative possibilities are endless!
We will be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
We will be open on Saturday, November 26th for regular business hours 11:00 am to 4:00 pm.
11:00 am to 4:00 pm
NEW! Thursday 11:00 am to 5:00
Fri. & Sat. 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Donations must be approved
prior to drop off
A WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES!
Art From Scrap Creative ReUse Store
Encouraging Reuse As a Way to Protect Our Environment
The Art From Scrap Creative ReUse Store keeps thousands of pounds of clean, reusable material from ending up in the Santa Barbara County landfill each year. All kinds of treasures, used and new, are donated by businesses and individuals. Art From Scrap provides low cost supplies for art, theatre, costumes, and other creative projects. Inventory arrives daily. Drop by during our open hours of Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm and Thursday, 11:00 am to 5:00 pm to see what’s new.
Creative Exploration with ReUse Materials
Thanks for voting us the Best Place to Make Art in Santa Barbara County!
Check out our full schedule of workshops here.
Crafternoons for Kids
Join us for an Art From Scrap Crafternoon, every Thursday from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. Filled with hundreds of reuse materials, our workshop is sure to ignite your imagination! Cost: $8.00 per person.
Please note that Crafternoons are held upstairs in the AFS Workshop and will be utilizing hot glue guns. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Art Workshops for Adults
Have you ever attended an Art From Scrap workshop for kids and wished that you could join in on the fun? You can! Our Art Workshops for Adults are held on Thursday and Friday evenings. No previous art experience is necessary. Workshops include instructions, materials, and a finished project for you to take home. Check our calendar to see our upcoming list of classes. Pre-registration is required.
Art Workshops for Teachers- Coming Soon!
Learn how to create amazing art projects out of reuse materials. AFS Staff will show you how to easily turn trash into treasure in these fun workshops.
Email Rachel if you are interested in teaching a workshop.
Art From Scrap is the perfect party place for children and adults. All parties include an Art Workshop led by one of our staff members and the exclusive use of materials in the AFS CreatorLab.
To reserve a date for your party, please complete the following form at least two weeks in advance of your desired party date. We will do our best to accommodate your request. Our party coordinator will contact you within two business days.
Art From Scrap Party
How it Works
- An AFS Staff Member will lead an Art Workshop during your party.
- We encourage Open Workshops so imaginations can soar! Themed Art Projects are available if requested at time of booking. Please pick only one project for your party. If you would like more than one project, please choose an Open Workshop.
- Parties can be scheduled for Friday and Saturdays.
- Non-refundable $50.00 deposit is due at time of booking.
- Payment is due in full on day of your party.
- We encourage zero waste parties and can supply reusable plates, napkins, and silverware for your enjoyment.
- Parents are not included in guest count.
- $200 for a 90 minute party for up to 15 guests. Additional guests are $15.00 each.
- $225 for a 2 hour party.
You Can Choose One of These AFS Projects Or An Open Workshop- please pick only one.
- Open Workshop
- Fairy, Wizard, Superhero Houses
- UFO’s, Rockets, & Other Flying Objects
- Animals, Insects, & Creatures
- Musical Instruments
- Pirate Treasure Chests
- Crowns, Castles, and Magic Wands
Parties for Teenagers or Adults and Space Rental
The Art From Scrap Workshop is a perfect gathering place for birthdays, bridal showers, team building events, graduations, and celebrations. All parties include exclusive use of the workshop, a project, and creative guidance from an AFS Staff Member or Guest Artist.
For more information on space rental opportunities for workshops, art classes, or other facility uses, complete our reservation form, call us at 805 884-0459 x 3, or email Info@ExploreEcology.org.
Sign Up Your School Today! Our School Materials Program offers discounted materials to teachers and administrators.
Once your school signs up, all teachers receive Free Bulk Materials and a 15% discount on other items in the Art From Scrap Creative Reuse Store.
Save money on supplies for classroom curriculum, art classes and projects, school events, play productions, and other creative activities.
- $1.00 per student in school
- $100 Minimum for schools under 100 students
- $500 Maximum for schools over 500 students
Please click on the button below to sign up.
Our staff will send you an invoice after you fill out the form.
Art From Scrap Gallery
Located above the Art From Scrap Creative ReUse Store, the Art from Scrap (AFS) Gallery is a unique space dedicated to assemblage and other art forms. Open during regular store hours, the AFS Gallery surrounds our Art Workshop, providing inspiration to children and adults as they create their own works of art. Rotating shows hang throughout the year and bring together art lovers, collectors, environmentalists, and artists.
Email Rachel if you are interested if you are interested in showing your work.
Wednesday through Saturday- 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
For our upcoming exhibitions, click here.
Need project ideas?
DONATE MATERIALS TO ART FROM SCRAP
Note: Donation Days have changed. You can now drop off materials on the first and third Tuesdays of the month between 11:00 am to 3:00 pm after your donation has been pre-approved.
*DONATIONS MUST BE APPROVED BY STAFF PRIOR TO DROP OFF*
- Please email email@example.com or call (805) 884-0459 to get your donation approved by staff.
- Donations are only being accepted on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month from 11:00 am-3:00 pm.
- The store is closed on donation drop off day, but our staff is at the shop and ready to accept donations!
Thank you for donating to Art From Scrap.
The Art From Scrap Creative ReUse Store accepts pre-approved donations of clean and safe reusable materials from businesses and individuals. Donations reduce disposal costs, keep items out of the landfill, are tax-deductible, and provide low cost art supplies to our community. Check out the list below to see what we are currently accepting. Please note: Items you have donated in the past may not always be accepted. Please check the list below or call ahead to see what we are accepting.
If you have any questions, have a large quantity of materials, or want to donate something you do not see listed, please email us at the Art From Scrap Creative ReUse Store or call 805-884-0459 x 1. Please do not leave unapproved donation items at our gate or in the parking lot.
AROUND YOUR HOME
- Egg Cartons
- CD’s and CD cases
- DVD cases
- Foreign and local currency
- Film canisters
- Hobby Supplies
- Gift Wrap and Holiday Gear (decorations, ornaments, lights)
- Musical Instruments
- Vintage Ephemera
- Unusual and unique items
- Books & Magazines: art, design, craft-related
- Balls (ping pong, tennis, baseball, styrofoam)
- Board Games
- Colored Paper
- Coloring Books (gently used or new)
- Paper (notebooks, pads, stationery, envelopes, index cards)
- Office supplies (paper trays, file folders, labels, hole punchers, staplers, paper clips, rubber bands, rulers)
- Mailing Tubes and cardboard tubes
- Art paper and pad
- Construction paper
- Small and large rolls of paper
- Fabric yardage and samples (no scraps, please)
- Bolts of fabric
- Ribbon, Trimmings, Lace, Leather
- Pins and Needles
- Sewing notions, kits, and supplies
- Knitting & Crochet Needles
- Thread and Spools
ARTS & CRAFTS
- Aluminum can tabs
- Architectural and Interior Design Samples
- Art paints (watercolor, acrylic, oil, poster, gouache, or tempera) with labels, paint markers
- Art Supplies (printing blocks, brayers, stencils, craft kits, brushes, art tools, fine art pencils, pastels, and pens)
- Artificial Plants and Flowers
- Bottle caps
- Candle wax
- Canvas (plastic or cloth)
- Carving tools
- Ceramic Tiles (please call ahead to see if we are accepting)
- Cigar boxes
- Coated and uncoated wire
- Craft Supplies including: (but not limited to) crayons, feathers, Fimo, glitter, tape, glue, scissors, unused popsicle sticks / tongue depressors, toothpicks, wood rounds and dowels, wire, rubber stamps and stamp pads, stickers, scrapbooking supplies.
- Crochet hooks
- Doll supplies
- Double-sided tape
- Foamcore / Mat board
- Glue and Glue Guns
- LP Records
- Jewelry (beads, bits and bobs, new, vintage, broken)
- Knitting needles
- Metal jar lids
- Metal fixtures (hooks, doorknobs, etc.)
- Natural materials: baskets, feathers, pinecones, wax, wood pieces,scraps, shells.
- Pipe Cleaners
- Screen-printing supplies
- Silk flowers
- Silk Screens
- Stamps: both used and unused
- Sticky back paper and vinyl
- String, twine, cord
- Tape- Regular and Double Sided
- Transfer letters
- Watches (pieces, springs, gears, wristbands, working, and non-working)
- Wine Corks
- Wire and springs
- Wool Scraps
- Carpet samples (12″x12″ or larger)
- Clean Plant Pots
- Clean surplus, defects, off cuts, remnants, overstocks, moving, or going-out-of-business
- Formica samples
- Paint chip samples
Gift Wrap and Party Supplies
- Gift Bags
- Greeting cards
- Party decorations
- Tissue Paper
- Raffia & Easter Grass
- Wrapping paper in good condition
- Test tubes and lab supplies
Clean surplus, defects, off cuts, remnants, overstocks, moving, or going-out-of-business
- Moldy items
- Unframed Glass Pieces
- Computers and accessories
- VHS tapes
- Kitchen utensils
- Styrofoam (peanuts and packing material)
- Plastic bags
- Unlabeled paint
- Small, scrap pieces of fabric
- Toxic or hazardous materials
- Plastic and glass food containers that have not been thoroughly washed and cleaned